Armageddon is the name of a special chess penalty shoot-out that is played to prevent draws, when the winner has not been determined during the previous tie-breaks.
- The right to choose the color is determined by drawing of lots.
- The time- control may vary. For example:
- 5 minutes to whites and 4 minutes to blacks, with each step adding 3 seconds starting with step 61.
- o 4 minutes for whites and 3 minutes for blacks, with 2 additional seconds for each step starting from step 1
- In case of a draw, the black chess player is recognized as the winner.
So, Armageddon always decides the winner.